Main | About FI | Services | Reports - Buy it Now Feature | Presentations | News | Contact Us




Back

Backs Up Against The Memory and I/O Walls

The Next Platform | Michael Feldman
November 4, 2019




Micron’s enthusiasm for NVM-Express is completely understandable, given the large following the technology now enjoys in the datacenter. According to semiconductor market research firm Forward Insights, the enterprise SSD market share of NVM-Express devices is expected to hit 60 percent this year, with SAS and SATA SSDs, together, making up the remaining 40 percent. That would reverse the 40/60 split of NVM-Express to non-NVM-Express market share in 2018. Regardless of the exact numbers, we are seeing a pretty amazing adoption curve when you consider that NVM-Express has only been around since 2015.


https://www.nextplatform.com/2019/11/04/backs-up-against-the-memory-and-i-o-walls/



Copyright © 2007 - 2019 Forward Insights. All rights reserved.